Skip to main content

CAMPBELL HOUSE, CAMPBELL’S BAY

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Photo caption - The Campbell House. (Photo - Ray & Diana Baillie)Donald Campbell was the founder of Campbell’s Bay. A pioneer farmer, he received his land grant in 1851. He also ran the local saw mill. The coming of the Pontiac Pacific Junction Railway in 1886 gave a boost to the village, and by the 1920s, Campbell’s Bay had become the county seat.