Skip to main content

DUNN HOTEL, CHELSEA

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Dunn Hotel. (Photo - Matthew Farfan)This is one of Chelsea’s four original hotels, all of which were operated by Irishmen in the late 19th century. Built c.1870, it was destroyed by fire in 1900 and rebuilt the next year. It was named for one of its original owners, Johnny Dunn, a former log driver. [Until recently, it was] still an operating hotel in this recreational area north of Hull.