Skip to main content

HISTORICAL CIRCUIT, BUCKINGHAM

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Walking tour (2005).The Buckingham Historical Society has recently published a revised version of its heritage walking tour of the town of Buckingham. The publication, a fold-out pamphlet,is complete with map and full-colour photographs and descriptions of all thirty-four of the heritage sites on the tour. Sites include churches, commercial and other public buildings, industrial buildings, and private residences. The tour begins at the Old Market Place, home of the Buckingham Museum. It winds its way in and around downtown Buckingham and across the Lièvre River to the west side of town. Sites along the way include the splendid Victorian mansion, Buckingham Castle (1887), the Water Works (1893), the Baptist Church (1886), St. Gregory Catholic Church (1887), and the elegant McCallum & Lahaie Block (1886). In addition, many beautiful early brick homes are included.For more information on the Buckingham Historical Society, to visit the museum, or to procure a copy of the tour, call (819) 281-7111, or email the society at: soc_hist_buck@hotmail.com.