A museum run by the Buckingham Historical Society is located at 379 Buckingham Avenue, in the Old Market Place in downtown Buckingham. This small exhibition centre is filled with artifacts and documentation from the early history of this town that grew up at the falls of the Lièvre River. There are photographs, tools, furnishings, and all kinds of memorabilia. One of the most striking artifacts is a brilliant red hand-pump on wheels, dated 1904, from the old village fire department.
The Buckingham Historical Society, which shares space with the local tourist information office, was founded in 1993. The museum has operated since 1997.
For information on opening hours, call (819) 281-7111, or email the historical society at email@example.com.
(Photos: Matthew Farfan)