--November 22, 2016.
4) The early history of this town, pictured here c.1910, was dominated by the Maclaren family, which controlled the lumber, pulp and hydroelectric industries in the area for decades. Today the town is a part of the City of Gatineau. Name it!
5) As the county seat for Pontiac, this village, which is located between Shawville and Fort Coulonge, is home to county government offices, a courthouse and other government services. Name the village!
a) Campbell's Bay
8) This town, pictured here about 1900, was famous for its brick production, and many homes and businesses were made with local bricks. What town is it?
b) Fort Coulonge
d) Campbell's Bay
9) This village, seen here c.1910, was once an important lumber centre on the Gatineau River. Today it is home to a covered bridge, a heritage centre and a vibrant tourism industry. Name the village!
10) This village on the Ottawa River was once the site of a portage around a series of waterfalls. Today, a bridge at this spot crosses the river into Ontario. What village is it?
Click here for the answers! But NO peeking!!