Skip to main content

Mulgrave & Derry Historical Society

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Date Founded: 
2001
Mission: 

LogoThe historical society,was formed by a group of citizens in 2001 after the Millenium celebration featured posters displaying the history of various families from the area. Historical plaques were also affixed to three sites as part of the Millenium Celebration.The society is interested in the preservation of historical landmarks; in coordinating events with other municipalities and historical societies in the surrounding areas; and in hosting events related to recognizing the diverse backgrounds of our ancestors and developing a network of communication within the community.

Physical Description: 

N/A.

Collections: 

N/A.

Parsonage.

Special Activities: 

Antique Heirloom DayParsonage Project: the historical society has been active in the restoration of St. Matthew’s Parsonage (1906), which is adjacent to the Lutheran Church (Inlet Road).

Location: St. Matthew Lutheran Church Parsonage, 643 Inlet Road in Mulgrave & Derry.

A bi-annual "Antique Heirloom Day," including appraisals helps to raise funds for the historical society.

Publications: 

“More about Mulgrave & Derry” by Alice Biehler Burich.“The Thurso Fish and Game Club “Domaine Joli-Coeur” 1904-2004” by Jocelyn Ghent Mallett.“Tales of a Lumberjack” by Rupert Last.

Business Hours: 

N/A.

Fees: 

Membership: $7.00 per year (individual); $10.00 (family) -- payable at the annual general meeting.

Languages:

English
French
Address: 

643 Inlet Road
Mulgrave et Derry
QC J8L 2W8

Telephone: 
(819) 986-2036
Contact person: 
Volunteer Board (since 2001): Don Smallian (President), Sheila Achtell (Treasurer), Brenda Roos (Secretary and Webmaster).