Skip to main content

Recently added items

Below is a list of all the recently added content, ordered from newest to oldest.

(Image)
"Proprietor: A. Sicotte." This hotel is currently known as the Lafontaine Hotel. The first school in Thurso was erected on this site in 1853. The building was used for various public functions.
(Image)
This view is taken south of Victoria, in the direction of the Ottawa River.
(Image)
"Originally this was an inn and stopping place for Ottawa River travellers. It is believed to have been originally owned by André Galipeau, who was active in parish, school and municipal affairs. Indeed, the inn served as a meeting place for the local village council until other public buildings became available.
(Image)
Excursion from Rockland to the Central Canada Exhibition, Ottawa, Ontario, Sept. 1906. Postcard, postmarked Sept. 30, 1908.
(Image)
(Image)